Cresson pesto & nuts
- 15 minutes
- 2 trays (200g) of Mirabel watercress
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) walnut oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts, toasted, then completely chilled
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In the processor, reduce the watercress, garlic, walnut oil and lemon juice to a smooth puree, scraping the contours of the container as needed.
- Add roasted nuts, parmesan cheese and salt, then stir the unit for a few seconds to crush everything, but take care to keep some of the granular texture of the nuts in the mixture.
- Use watercress and nut pesto on pasta, toast or white fish, for example. Store in an airtight jar 2 weeks in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.
The watercress, young shoot with a peppery taste, is very good in salads and in sautés. Sold 6 units per case.Learn more