Asian Minced Beef with Butter Lettuce Salad
- Maceration : 4 h 30 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 serving amount
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) ponzu sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) soya sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) grated lemon zest
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sambal oelek
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) sesame oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) soya sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) honey
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) of Sriracha sauce
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) cornstarch (mixed with a little cold water)
- 300 g (11 oz) beef tenderloin
- Mirabel Butter lettuce
- ½ cucumber, cut into julienne
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- Sprouts cilantro for garnish
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a plastic bag, combine all marinade ingredients. Add the beef fillet and coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In a small saucepan, place all the ingredients for the dressing. When the mixture is hot, add the cornstarch and bring to boil. Simmer until the marianade thickens. Let cool.
- In a skillet over high heat, brown the beef tenderloin on all sides in oil without overcooking.
- Slice the meat thinly and spread on plates. Serve with Mirabel Butter lettuce, carrots and cucumbers. Drizzle dressing on the beef and vegetables. Decorate with coriander shoots and sesame seeds.
Butter Lettuce - Premium Double
Our boston (or butter) lettuce is packed in its double dome clamshell. It stays fresh up to 14 days in your refrigerator because it's still alive!Learn more