Butter Lettuce Cream
- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 6 serving amount
- 2 Mirabel Butter lettuce chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 ml chopped garlic
- 150 ml basmati rice
- 250 ml chopped leeks
- 2 liters of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 150 ml of 15% cream
- Salt and pepper
- Chives, thyme, tarragon and other fresh herbs of your choice
- ½ Mirabel Butter lettuce shredded
- In a pot, put the Mirabel Butter lettuce chopped, onion, garlic and leek. Cook 1 minute over low heat.
- Add rice, broth and bay leaves. Cook over medium heat (low boil) for 20 minutes.
- Put the soup in a food processor, remove the bay leaves and turn about 30 seconds.
- Return the soup to the pot, add the cream, salt and pepper. When ready to serve, add the chives, thyme, tarragon, Mirabel Boston lettuce shredded and herbs.
Note : You can also serve the soup with a crust of grilled goat cheese.
Butter Lettuce - Classique
Our tender boston (or butter) lettuce without its roots. It can stay fresh up to 7 days in the refrigerator.Learn more