Crispy Ceasar Salad
- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 serving amount
2 heads of Mirabel Curly Lettuce Twins
10-12 Brussels sprouts, cut in 2 or 4
4 slices of bacon
1/2 ciabatta bread, cut in cube
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 tbsp steak spices
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Drizzle oil on it.
3. Salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Place the bacon slices in a pan and heat over medium high heat.
5. Cook the slices, 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy.
6. Remove from the pan and place on absorbent paper. Crumble.
7. Add the pieces of bread to the pan and cook, 4-6 minutes, until crispy.
8. Combine garlic with mayonnaise, sour cream, spices, lemon juice and zest.
9. Add 1-2 tbsp of water for a softer sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Separate the lettuce leaves and toss with the Brussels sprouts, bacon, croutons, pomegranate arils and Caesar sauce.
Recipe credit: Gabrielle Pellerin