Duck, figs & mache Pizza
- 30 minutes
- 1 h 30 minutes
- 4 serving amount
- 1 red onion, in rings
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) butter.
- 6 fresh figs, cut in quarters
- 1 big schallot, cut in quarters
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 454 g (1 lb) of pizza crust
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) Olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) raped gruyère cheese
- 100 g (3,5 oz) Mirabel mache
- 60 g (2 oz) smoked and dried duck
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Olive oil
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions in butter for 10 minutes or until they begin to brown slightly. Salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a small saucepan, put the figs, shallots and maple syrup. Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- On a floured surface, shape the dough into a disk about 25 cm (10 in) in diameter and place on a plate.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the dough with oil. Spread onions fell from all over the surface and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with duck breast, candied figs and Mirabel mache. Pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
The mache, or corn salad, differentiates itself from the other babyleafs by its tenderness and its omega-3 source. With a little nutty taste and no bitterness, the mache is very polyvalent.Learn more