Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 15 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 4 serving amount
4 VÔG Red Peppers
1 cup of chickpeas
2 gloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. onion powder
A few sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. powdered espelette pepper
1. Place the rack at the top of the oven and preheat on a broiler.
2. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and the membrane and brush with oil. Put it on a pan with a baking sheet, skin side up, then put it in the oven until the skin turns black. When ready, immediately place the peppers in an airtight container until they are warm.
3. For this step, use the rack in the center of the oven. Heat the oven to 350 °. Cut the pitas into triangles. In a bowl, mix them with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Divide on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Chop the garlic and parsley. Remove the skin from the peppers (it should be easy to remove after step 2). In a blender, grind the peppers, chickpeas, garlic, parsley, onion powder and chili pepper. Add a drizzle of oil and the juice of half a lemon. Salt and pepper. Mix and adjust the seasoning as needed.
5. Cut the carrots and cucumbers. Serve everything with the pitas as a dip. Enjoy your meal!
VÔG - Organic pepper
VÔG Organic Bell Pepper available in red, orange, yellow and green colors. All cultivated in Quebec, Canada 9 months per year in greenhouses from February until October. VÔG Organic Bell Peppers are of exceptional quality. They are cultivated in line with the highest North American organic farming standards and meticulously harvested, so their guaranteed freshness and sweet taste are sure to surpass your customers' expectations. Availability: 9 months Shelf life: 15 days Product Sheet
- 11 lbs / 24 Bell Peppers per box / 80 boxes per palet
- 25 lbs / 54 Bell Peppers per box / 35 boxes per palet
- Shrink 12 / 12 Bell Peppers per box / 80 boxes per palet
- Shrink 12 x 2 / 12x2 Bell Peppers per box / 80 boxes per palet
- Shrink 8 x 3 / 8x3 Bell Peppers per box / 80 boxes per palet