Sesame salmon burger
- 15 minutes
- 4 minutes
- 4 serving amount
4 burger buns
A few leaves of Boston lettuce
500 g salmon fillet, skinless, finely chopped
45 ml (3 tbsp.) Mayonnaise
15 ml (3 tbsp.) Sesame oil
10 ml (1 tsp.) Sriracha sauce
2–3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise.
60 ml (¼ cup) vinegar
2 tbsp. tablespoons of white sugar
Chopped cilantro, to taste
10 ml (1 tsp.) Chopped ginger
The white part of 3–4 green onions, chopped
The green part of 3–4 green onions, cut into strips, lengthwise
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/4 cup (60 ml) Panko breadcrumbs
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped cashew nuts
1. Make the pickled cucumbers: In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, with the vinegar, sugar and 60 ml (1/4 cup) boiling water. Add a pinch of salt, mix well and marinate until ready to serve.
2. Make the salmon mixture: In a bowl, combine the salmon, chopped cilantro, egg, chopped green onions, ginger, breadcrumbs and cashews. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Cook the salmon patties: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Form 4 meatballs with the salmon mixture and cook 3–4 minutes on each side.
4. Make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and sesame oil.
5. Assemble: Grill the burger buns if desired. Top the buns with the sauce, lettuce leaves, salmon patties, pickled cucumbers and green onions.
Butter Lettuce - Duo
Our boston (or butter) lettuce, packed in a duo pack without its roots. They can stay fresh during 10 days in your refrigerator.Learn more